Regarding: Hawaii Tales, a project of Hawaiian culture as reported by original inhabitants to Swiss man. Seeking participants; please contact me at: TalesofHawaii@bluewin.ch
Many of you know me either through Facebook or privately.
My interest is to make Hawaiian history and culture more intimate and accessible at Switzerland. For my fall vacation, I plan on start this project beginning in mid-November until January 2018. I would like to record old and new stories from respected locals, such as yourself.
- What is urgent to report from the Hawaiian islands?
- What might Switzerland know about Hawaiiian islands?
- What might I tell people at Switzerland and Europe about Hawaiian islands?
- What might visitors consider learning about your country?
- What might you want to tell me about your country, people, politics, culture and history?
- Your language was once a song, now a written script. How did this change happen?
- Please tell me how this change impacted you?
- How did the slack key music come to Hawaiian islands?
- How has the music and hula changed from the pre-missionary time to the present time?
- How do the Hawaiian islands obtain its energy?
- Are the Hawaiian islands exploring new ecological future-oriented free energy?
- What and how is the „junk-yard refuse“ generated? Is it collected and recycled?
- So much plastic is released out in the Pacific Ocean from Hawaiian islands.
- How does State Of Hawaii deal with this problem?
The sugar plantations have disappeared. Ruined agricultural lands with chemically contaminated fields and redirected water canals remain.
- How is the country re-established?
- Are the water sources that belong to the original Hawaiians going to be returned?
- What do Hawaiian islands do to protect against large corporation industries?
Hawaiian islands are still an independent state, although this is no longer seen by the rest of the world.
- How do you imagine life to be as an independent state?
- How would this differ from life under US jurisdiction?
- Are there any upcoming changes to this situation?
- How do you refer to nonlocals: tourists or visitors or ____?
- How has Hawaiian islands changed with ____?
- How do the Hawaiian islands with ____ differ from before to present day?
- What Hawaiian myth, legend and/or folklore would you like to share?
- Could you share a humorous Hawaiian story?
Would you like to discuss the challenges and aloha moments of Hawaiian islands with me? What is meaningful for you?
Feel free to speak, I will listen to you and document your conversation. It is ideal to record our talks at a historically significant location. In which cultural site would you like to have your conversation?
With these documented conversations, I would create a long-lasting and up-to-date complementary website and a book. The revenues are to be returned to the Hawaiian islands by a certain percentage. Furthermore, I intend initiate an exhibition at the Basel Museum of Art.
I hope you are interested in this project and to tell me your story. My wife Shayna will schedule appointments and coordinate our travel itinerary upon arrival at Honolulu. We will also approach the different islands to meet you. So that I can set up my schedule and thus plan the flights and accommodations accordingly, I would be glad if you can specify your dates, contact information and historical site locations.